Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Command center update

I finally made a sign to hang above the command center wall that I shared in this post.  

We already had an old knotty weathered board that I loved.

I had someone here in town cut some vinyl for me.  But I used the negative image so it worked as a stencil.   I very lightly dabbed paint on with a dauber and a pouncing motion.  It came out perfectly. I originally planned on sanding over the dry words to age them a little.  But since I used so little paint you can still see the wood through the letters, so I left it.

It's the look I was trying for!


Thanks for sharing your thoughts!